Home » Clinical Correlations Reflection

Clinical Correlations Reflection

For the final round of Clinical Correlations, I felt as though I had a much better grasp of how to apply my knowledge toward a patient case scenario. I now have more medical knowledge and felt that I could connect a history well to make a diagnosis. I thoroughly enjoyed the teaching style and got a lot out of each class. I found that I am learning from mistakes I’ve made and I’ve learned to listen to all of the patients’ history before making a conclusion, I’ve stopped rushing. I felt like I was able to focus on more important details in a patient history and ignore the less pertinent information. I also feel like I’ve learned to take a history more effectively than in prior semesters, focusing the questions better. I do also feel that I need to continue working on these skills as I sometimes forget to ask important questions and then remember later on. I found UpToDate to be a truly amazing resource and will continue to use it in clinicals. I would advise the next class to really take and appreciate the value of getting to ask questions of actual practicing PAs like Professor Lopez. Her knowledge was so practical and helpful.