Home » Portfolio Reflection

Portfolio Reflection

Creating a portfolio on Blackboard was very easy, concise, and quick. I appreciate this being a busy student. It didn’t need any flair or customization in order to be published. I found the CUNY Commons site making to be convoluted, errored and unnecessary. While trying to make my site, I was unable to see changed in real time. I had to continually reload my main page to see changes that I had made. It also took a very long time to load any pages or changes made to my site, further wasting time. I also felt that I had to customize my page as that seemed to be the main point of the WordPress platform. So I then had to spend time creating and decorating this page, which I feel is unnecessary. While then trying to post my SOAP note and media, as a post, nothing would load and I kept getting error codes. I had to load my artifacts as separate pages within my site. I finally succeeded in making a page, just to showcase my portfolio work. I would have much rather just had a generic Blackboard portfolio site than the CUNY Commons site, they effectively showcase the same things.

Bottom line, less is more when making a student portfolio site.